Melissa is the Dietetic Assistant in the Nutrition Services Department at UCSF Benioff Oakland Children’s Hospital.
Melissa assisted the performance dietitian at EXOS with numerous projects within the sport teams development program.
- Developed nutrition plans for each individual based off of their goals, sport and position.
- Formulate recovery prescriptions along w/supplement recommendations.
- Track progress, follow-up and reassess body composition and goals.
- Conduct Urine Density Testing to check & track hydration status.
- Small and large group lectures.
- Work with physical therapy patients to help them understand the importance food plays in recovery of an injury.
- Bachelor of Science in Dietetics, Holistic Health, San Francisco State University / May 2014
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics: Sports, Cardiovascular, and Wellness Nutrition / 2013- Present
- Collegiate and Professional Sports Dietitians Association / 2014 – Present
Previous Clients include:
- Portland Timbers - MLS
- Anaheim Ducks - NHL training camps
- Korea’s Olympic Ice Hockey Team
- L.A. Galaxy - MLS and their Youth Academy
- L.A. Dodgers - MLB
- Toronto F.C. and their Youth Academy
- Chinese Women’s National Soccer Team
- Santos Laguna
- Chivas U.S.A